9/22/10

My Baptism

On Friday September 3, my family and I headed to Orlando, Fl for a youth rally called SonQuest. That night we had the beginnig of SonQuest and it was awsome. After about 2 hours of singing, listening to a speaker, and watching the sandman, we saw some friends and right then and there I made my mind up that I wanted to get baptized. I was ready to start my walk with God.  The next morning we woke up and went to 3 different classes to hear different speakers. After the singing, watching the sandman ,and listening to the speaker , my family, the Meridian Woods youth group, and others went outside to the pool and I got baptized. One of our speakers was teaching us about how to share the story of Jesus. We were given orange wrist bands (like what you would get at a theme park) so people would ask us about it. The wrist band gives us the oppurtunity to tell people about our walk with Jesus. We were also given rubber band to write on them "God is in control" in very small letters so that when it is streached you still know that God is in control no matter how far he streaches you.

1 comment:

Annie said...

One day, you're going to be so glad you wrote this all down... What a great story! Love you, fuzzy!