11/27/12

Just Thinking

Hi Everyone,
Caroline came to me a couple of weeks ago and asked if she could share her thoughts in an upcoming Ray of Sonshine. I told her yes and below is what she sent to me. She exemplifies 1 Tim 4 verse 12, Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit,[b] in faith, in purity. (NKJV) I hope you enjoy her thoughts and get to know her better.We continue to pray for you and love you very much. Ray
Hello and thank you for letting me do this guest "post" on this week's Ray of Sonshine. I listen to spiritual songs in the car, and when I work out. It is inspiring stuff perhaps you could try it too. In my daily bible class I’ve been learning about an upper and lower story and it has called me to think more about putting beliefs into action.Where I belong is a song that I've been listening to recently. One of the lines in this song is, “take this world and give me Jesus.” I have three points to share with you all. Get away from all the distractions of this world and go from 7am-7pm without looking at a computer, cellphone, IPad, or IPod. My second thought is show people Jesus by helping others in need, help an elderly person put groceries in their car, invite someone to church. Last but not least, share a smile with those around you. So as I wrap up I offer 2 verses and 2 challenges.
1st verse is in Matthew 28 where it talks about going out into all the nations and sharing the good news. The 2nd verses are 1Timothy 4:1515 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all. (NKJV) Like the song says, take time to be holy.
My 1st challenge for you is to listen to some Christian music if you don't already, (I'm willing to make a cd if you like.) 2nd challenge is give up all the technology distractions for a day each week. Turn off all those devices from like 7am and don't get them back until 7pm and then use all that time you to focus on Him.
I will continue to pray for all of you and hope that you have a great rest of this week.
For a better walk with Him and each other, love all of you guys!

No comments: