The Fault in our Stars by John Green is not your average book. The main character of this book is a 16 year old girl named Hazel who has thyroid cancer with mets(fluid) in her lungs. Once a week, Hazel goes to a church for support group(people who have cancer),and share how they are doing. One afternoon at support group,Hazel meets Augustus Waters who is 17 and has osteosarcoma(which left him with one leg). Augustus loved Hazel, but she just wanted to be friends, until he used his wish to go to Amsterdam and take Hazel with him. Once they get back from Amsterdam,Augustus's health starts to fail until....he dies exactly one month after they got back from Amsterdam.Over all, this was a good book. I would have liked to know what happend to Hazel or Isacc. I also thought the book should have ended after Augustus died just because it doesn't really make sense after that. Also, I thought that Hazel and Augustus should have gotten married.
No comments:
Post a Comment