This month I have read a book called Hope was Here by Joan Bauer. This book was very engaging from the minute I opened the book to read it. It's a book that you don't really want to put down when it is time to go to bed. There were a few minor things that the author could have done a little better.Things that appealed to me in this book were the characters, Hope dreaming of her father, and G.T. becoming mayor after all. Non appealing things to me was that when a chapter ended it started something different than what you just read, that Hope's mother just dumped her off on her aunt, and that G.T died and didn't get to finish his term as mayor.Overall, I loved this book and wish to read it again sometime.
4/24/13
Hope was Here
This month I have read a book called Hope was Here by Joan Bauer. This book was very engaging from the minute I opened the book to read it. It's a book that you don't really want to put down when it is time to go to bed. There were a few minor things that the author could have done a little better.Things that appealed to me in this book were the characters, Hope dreaming of her father, and G.T. becoming mayor after all. Non appealing things to me was that when a chapter ended it started something different than what you just read, that Hope's mother just dumped her off on her aunt, and that G.T died and didn't get to finish his term as mayor.Overall, I loved this book and wish to read it again sometime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Excellent review, Caroline! You're getting good at these! (And I love that you're becoming a reader!)
Post a Comment