March has been an interesting month so far to say the least. It started out normal with work and school and being able to go places. The week right before spring break for my work, I had a feeling as I was driving home that Friday that we probably wouldn't be going back for at least a few weeks given this thing called the coronavirus, and I was right. A lot of things have changed, there is no march madness or baseball right now which is weird, school and work are remote, my dad, sister and myself are all working from home and we each have our designated areas. I'm sure my mom, my aunt and my dogs are getting used to all of us being home all the time. I'm not quite used to it though. Getting out and taking my dogs for walks each day helps so that I don't go stir crazy. Playing guitar, sitting in the swing with a cup of tea in the evenings and watching Christmas movies helps. With all the change, I do think there is a lesson in it for us all, and that is to slow down some. When we slow down we have time to try something new or practice something we already know. Another thing to learn is not forgetting about small businesses in this current time. I have family members that own small businesses, and supporting small business is important. One of my cousins owns a bookstore in Thomasville, GA. It's called the Bookshelf, and you can buy what you want online and they'll mail it to you. That's genius. I bought myself a new book and an awesome t-shirt. Supporting the small businesses during this weird time is definitely worth it and will be even more worth it in the long run when they're still in business because of our support.
What are you doing to help out others during this crisis? How are you spending all your time at home when you're not working?
No comments:
Post a Comment